1) OWI-1st/PAC-1st (with .11 blood test result) Reduced to Inattentive Driving and Speeding
2) OWI-1st/Refusal of Chemical Test Reduced to Non-Alcohol-Related Town Ordinance Violation
3) First Offense (with .249 blood test result) Reduced to Inattentive Driving for Police Officer Client
4) OWI-1st/Refusal Of Chemical Test Reduced to Reckless Driving and Operating Left of CenterThis case is another example of our complete devotion to accomplishing our clients' goals, regardless of how long it might take. KD's case was more than two and a half years old when we finally worked out the deal that saved his job. Despite heavy resistance, we were able to finally convince the prosecutor to drop the original drunk driving and Refusal charges in exchange for no contest pleas to reduced charges of Reckless Driving and Operating Left of Center. How? By closely examining the video of KD's alleged refusal of the breath test at the police station, we were able to identify several misleading and erroneous comments made by the officers that played a factor in KD's alleged refusal of the test. In short, the cops screwed up and we could prove it with their own video evidence. Without the Refusal charge, the prosecutor knew he would have a very difficult time in prevailing on the OWI charge, which prompted this great resolution. As a side benefit to KD, due to the age of his case when it was resolved, the points associated with the 2 reduced charges no longer would count against his driver record. Another VERY happy client.
5) Commercial Driving Client Avoids Lifetime CDL Disqualification; Second Drunk Driving Charge (with .174 blood test result) Amended to Non-Alcohol-Related Misdemeanor Offense
6) OWI-1st/PAC-1st (with .12 breath test result) Reduced to Inattentive DrivingFew professions are hit harder by a drunk driving conviction than commercial airline pilots. A drunk driving conviction is viewed as such a black mark for a commercial pilot that it can be a death sentence for a pilot's career. That's the situation our client, RC, found himself in. At 52, RC couldn't afford to start looking for a new career. Being a pilot was all he had ever known. RC knew he would have to do whatever he could to keep this unfortunate incident from ruining the rest of his life. After extensive research, and after interviewing many very good attorneys, RC decided that Melowski & Associates was his only hope. It was a decision RC will never regret. After slugging the case out for more than a year, the prosecutor finally gave up seeking a conviction on the original drunk driving charges.Instead, RC agreed to plead no contest to Inattentive Driving, a non-alcohol-related, minor traffic offense that would have no impact on RC's driving privileges. Even more important, it would have no impact on RC's pilot license and would result in no repercussions from the FAA. RC's flying career was saved. It was the exact outcome he was hoping for.
**This truly is a remarkable string of successful results in some very difficult drunk driving cases. If you are calling around and talking to other attorneys, please ask them to identify the outcomes of drunk driving cases they have resolved in the last few months. Make them be specific. Our guess is that you will not hear anything close to this. If they tell you at all.